Your Comprehesnive guide to Melasma Treatment
At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, our mission is to provide patients with the most advanced and effective Melasma treatment available, while ensuring a warm, welcoming, and professional environment. We understand that Melasma can be a difficult and embarrassing condition to live with, and our goal is to help our patients regain their confidence and achieve clear, radiant skin. With a team of highly skilled and experienced medical practitioners, state-of-the-art technology, and a commitment to personalized care, we are proud to offer a comprehensive range of Melasma treatment options to meet the unique needs of each and every patient. Whether you are seeking a chemical peel, Fraxel laser therapy, Microneedling with PRP or a combination of treatments, our experts will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that delivers the best possible results. At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, our vision is to be the premier destination for Melasma treatment in Edmonton and beyond, providing patients with the highest level of care, comfort, and results. We are dedicated to helping our patients achieve their skincare goals and are proud to play a role in enhancing their lives and well-being.
Melasma Results at Albany Laser Centre
While there is no cure for melasma, treatments can help improve the appearance of the skin. In most cases, melasma will lighten and fade completely over several weeks or months. However, the discoloration may become darker in some cases before getting lighter. If you are concerned about the appearance of your skin, talk to our specialists about treatment options. With proper care, you can help improve your skin’s appearance and reduce the appearance of melasma.
Client Reviews and Testimonials
Witness the Difference That Our Cosmetic Treatment Made
Move the slider to see the difference after the treatment.
Enjoy Long-Lasting Results with Proven Melasma Treatment at Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre - Start Reclaiming Your Youthful Appearance Today!
Understanding Melasma, the mask of pregnancy
Melasma is a common skin condition characterized by dark, irregularly shaped patches on the face, particularly on the forehead, cheeks, and upper lip. It is caused by an overproduction of melanin, the pigment that gives color to our skin, hair, and eyes.
- The exact pathology of Melasma is still not fully understood, but it is believed to be caused by a combination of factors including hormonal changes, sun exposure, genetics, and certain medications.
- Risk factors for Melasma include being female, having darker skin, being pregnant, using hormonal contraceptives, and being exposed to UV radiation from the sun. Women with a family history of Melasma, or who have experienced hormonal changes, such as pregnancy or menopause, are also more likely to develop the condition.
- Individuals with skin type 4, particularly those of Middle Eastern, Asian, and Indian descent, are more susceptible to Melasma due to the high levels of melanin in their skin. Melanin is the pigment that gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes, and it provides some protection from the sun’s harmful rays. However, in individuals with high levels of melanin, the skin is more likely to overproduce melanin in response to sun exposure, hormonal changes, or other triggers, leading to the development of dark patches known as Melasma. It is also important to note that genetics play a role in the development of Melasma, so if you have a family history of the condition, you may be at higher risk.
It’s important for patients to understand that Melasma is not just a cosmetic issue, but a complex medical condition that can have a significant impact on their self-esteem and quality of life. At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, our goal is to help our patients understand the causes and risk factors of Melasma and to provide them with the most effective and advanced treatment options available to achieve clear, radiant skin.
Melasma Tretament options
At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, we offer a range of advanced Melasma treatments to meet the unique needs of each patient, including:
- Fraxel Laser: This non-invasive laser treatment uses fractional laser technology to target the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating the production of collagen and reducing the appearance of Melasma. Benefits of Fraxel laser include reduced pigmentation, improved skin texture, and a more youthful and radiant complexion.
- Microneedling with PRP: This treatment combines microneedling with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), which is derived from the patient’s own blood. The microneedling procedure creates micro-injuries in the skin, promoting healing and rejuvenation, while the PRP helps to improve the skin’s overall appearance and reduce the appearance of Melasma.
- Hydrafacial: This advanced skincare treatment uses a combination of cleansing, exfoliation, hydration, and nourishment to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin. It can be effective in reducing the appearance of Melasma, as well as improving skin texture and tone.
- Tranexamic Acid Meso Injections: This treatment uses a combination of tranexamic acid and hyaluronic acid to help reduce the appearance of Melasma and improve the overall health of the skin. The injections are performed by a qualified medical practitioner and are relatively quick and easy, with minimal downtime.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels use a solution to exfoliate the top layers of skin, revealing fresher, smoother, and more even-toned skin underneath. They can be effective in reducing the appearance of Melasma, as well as improving skin texture, tone, and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fotona Laser: This non-invasive laser treatment uses advanced technology to target the deeper layers of the skin, reducing the appearance of Melasma and improving the overall health and appearance of the skin. It is a safe and effective treatment option, with little to no downtime required.
While these treatments can be highly effective in reducing the appearance of Melasma, it’s important to note that there may be potential side effects, including redness, swelling, itching, and peeling. These side effects are generally mild and short-lived, and our team of experts will work with you to minimize any discomfort and ensure a safe and effective treatment experience.
Individul treatment protocls for every patient
At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, we believe in a personalized approach to Melasma treatment, which is why we conduct a thorough analysis of each patient’s skin to determine the best course of action. This includes considering the patient’s medical history, skin type, and desired outcome.
- Our experts will perform a visual analysis of the affected areas, taking into account the size, depth, and color of the Melasma patches, as well as the patient’s skin tone, texture, and overall health. We will also use specialized equipment, such as a skin analysis camera, to get a more detailed look at the skin and to accurately assess the severity of the condition.
- Based on this analysis, our team will then develop a customized treatment plan tailored specifically to the patient’s needs and goals. This may involve a combination of treatments, such as Fraxel laser, microneedling with PRP, chemical peels, and more, in order to achieve the best possible results.
At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, our goal is to help our patients achieve clear, radiant skin and to do so in a safe and effective manner. We understand that every patient is unique, and our personalized approach ensures that each patient receives the care and attention they deserve.
Types of Melasma
There are two main types of Melasma: epidermal and dermal.
- Epidermal Melasma occurs in the top layer of skin and is usually lighter in color, with well-defined borders. It is often caused by excessive sun exposure and is more common in lighter-skinned individuals.
- Dermal Melasma, on the other hand, occurs in the deeper layers of the skin and is typically darker in color, with less well-defined borders. It is often caused by hormonal changes, such as pregnancy, and is more common in darker-skinned individuals.
Dermal Melasma is more difficult to treat, however, both types of Melasma can be effectively treated with a combination of medical-grade skincare products, laser treatments, chemical peels, and other non-invasive techniques.
Can We cure melasma?
Melasma is a persistent condition that unfortunately cannot be completely cured. However, with the right combination of treatments and a commitment to sun protection, it can be effectively managed and made less visible. One of the most important things you can do to manage your Melasma is to protect your skin from the sun. This means wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day, regardless of the weather or the time of year. Additionally, it is important to avoid prolonged sun exposure, wear protective clothing and a wide-brimmed hat, and seek shade whenever possible.
additional Melasma triggers
In addition to sun exposure, there are several other factors that can contribute to the development of Melasma, including:
- Stress: High levels of stress have been linked to the onset of Melasma. Stress can disrupt the balance of hormones in the body, leading to the overproduction of melanin and the development of dark patches on the skin.
- Tanning: Tanning, whether from the sun or from tanning beds, can trigger the overproduction of melanin and worsen existing Melasma.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy, and anti-seizure drugs, have been known to induce Melasma.
It is important to be aware of these additional triggers and to take steps to minimize their impact on your skin. This may involve reducing stress through exercise, meditation, or other stress-management techniques, avoiding tanning and the use of tanning beds, and carefully considering the use of medications that are known to induce Melasma.
What Is The Best Clinic To Offer Laser Melasma clinic?
As one of the leading laser clinics in Edmonton, Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre offers advanced laser treatments for a variety of skin concerns, including Melasma.
- Our experienced medical professionals use state-of-the-art technology to deliver safe and effective results for this stubborn pigmentation issue.
- We offer a range of laser systems, including the Spectra laser and the Fotona laser, that can help to reduce the appearance of Melasma and improve overall skin texture.
- We understand that Melasma can be a frustrating and persistent concern for many people, and we are committed to helping our clients achieve smoother, more even-looking skin with minimal discomfort.
Choosing Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre means choosing a trusted and reputable clinic that can help you achieve your desired outcomes with advanced laser technology. With a focus on patient satisfaction, safety, and ongoing education and training, Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre is a great choice for anyone looking for advanced laser Melasma treatment in Edmonton.