Difference Between Thermage and Ulthera for a Facelift in Edmonton
When deciding between Thermage and Ulthera for a facelift in Edmonton, it’s essential to understand the mechanisms and advantages of each. This article sheds light on both methods to help you make an informed decision.
Thermage for a Facelift in Edmonton
Thermage offers the rejuvenating effects of a traditional facelift without the invasive procedures. Using the ThermaCool TC with patented Capacitive Radio Frequency (CRF) technology, it’s easier and faster to achieve youthful and healthy-looking skin.
How Thermage Works: This method involves sending radiofrequency energy into the skin, heating the deeper layers while simultaneously cooling the surface with the ThermTip “wand.” This process tightens the deep skin structures instantly and, over time, stimulates collagen growth for a more youthful appearance.
Areas Treated by Thermage: Initially, Thermage was designed for facial areas like the skin around eyes, jawlines, and neck. However, its application has extended to other problematic body areas, such as the arms, legs, and abdomen.
Thermage Procedure Details:
- Duration: Typically between 15 minutes to an hour.
- Sensation: A short, deep heating sensation, but comfort is maintained via a continuous cooling spray.
- Recovery and Side Effects: Most individuals can resume regular activities immediately after the procedure. Temporary side effects include mild redness or a sunburn-like appearance, which fades quickly. The global safety record for Thermage is exceptional, with less than 1% reporting side effects.
- Results: Improvements can continue for several months after a single treatment. Depending on an individual’s aging process, the results can last for several years, with many seeing benefits for two or more years.
- Reviews: Thermage, a non-invasive facelift alternative, has garnered many positive reviews. It has been extensively used in Europe and is FDA-approved in the United States.
Ulthera for Facelift in Edmonton
Ulthera provides a non-invasive facelift alternative using ultrasound technology, replacing the need for painful surgical procedures. It’s ideal for those wary of surgery.
How Ulthera Works: Ulthera uses micro-focused ultrasound to target the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production and leading to a natural lifting and tightening of the skin over time.
Areas Treated by Ulthera: This treatment is for the face, neck, and décolletage.
Ulthera Procedure Details:
- Duration: A session typically lasts 60-90 minutes.
- Sensation: Some discomfort during the procedure, but pain relief measures are available.
- Recovery and Side Effects: Like Thermage, most individuals can return to their daily activities post-procedure. Temporary side effects may include redness, swelling, and tenderness.
- Results: While some individuals might notice an immediate effect, real results appear over 2-3 months as new collagen builds, gradually lifting and tightening the skin.
In conclusion, both Thermage and Ulthera offer non-invasive methods for skin rejuvenation. The choice between them largely depends on personal preference, the area, and the desired results. Consulting with a dermatologist or a cosmetic surgeon can provide personalized advice.