Face and Neck Rejuvenation with PRP: A Revolutionary Approach
PRP, or Platelet-rich plasma, can be used in various medical and surgical fields to make the skin look better. It is also used for facial procedures to get great results without chemicals and in as little time as possible.
What is PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma is thought to be a good choice for anyone who wants smoother, firmer skin on their neck, jawline, or face. It’s thought to be safe.
What are the benefits of PRP Treatment for skin rejuvenation in Edmonton?
- Toning and tightening of the skin as well as skin rejuvenation
- Getting rid of wrinkles and small lines
- The crow’s feet
- People who get acne scars and damage to their skin
- Damaged skin and dark circles are both signs of sun damage.
Can I get an instant result after Edmonton’s PRP procedure for skin rejuvenation?
You need to take a small amount of blood and put it in a centrifuge to use Platelet Rich Plasma to make your face look better. After the platelets have been spun, they are injected into parts of the patient’s face or neck. They contain growth factors that help the body grow.
After injecting PRP into the area you want to improve, your skin will look firmer and smoother right away. The whole thing can be done in one visit with very little downtime.
What are the growth factors in PRP for skin rejuvenation in Edmonton?
Mesenchymal stem cells, bone marrow, and macrophages are controlled by bioactive proteins released by platelets, which are also used to attract macrophages to the wound site.
- Cytokines and other growth factors in platelets include:
- Keratinocyte growth factor
- Epidermal growth factor
- Transforming growth factor
- Connective tissue growth factor
- Fibroblast growth factor
- Platelet-derived growth factor
- Vascular endothelial growth factor
How does the treatment work?
Blood plasma with many platelets and other growth factors is called platelet-rich plasma. Platelets are the most important part of the treatment because they have signalling proteins, bioactive proteins, and growth factors.
There are bioactive proteins that help regenerate and repair the tissue, and there are signalling proteins that bring stem cells to the area where they are needed. The growth factor in the Platelet-rich plasma makes body cells ready to heal and make collagen.
A small amount of blood is taken from the patient’s arm. This isn’t as much as the blood that is taken for blood tests. The blood drawn is put in a centrifuge to separate the plasma and red blood cells so that they can be cleaned.
The procedure increases the number of platelets in the blood by about four times. The concentrated platelet-rich plasma or liquid gold is then injected into the area that needs help.
Platelet-rich plasma is activated when basic calcium chloride is added to it. This is how the body would react if there were real damage.
How is PRP injected?
The injection methods used depends on the injection area:
- For nasolabial folds – A fanning technique or linear threading is used for injection. The entire needle is brought into the nasolabial fold (at the center), and PRP is gently infused by withdrawing the needle.
- For the forehead and crowfeet – PRP is injected intradermally in all areas by using a serial puncture method.
- For glabellar wrinkles – a linear threading technique is used to inject the platelet-rich plasma.
Other areas include:
- Upper eyelids – subdermal injections are required (0.2ml each)
- Lower eyelid – subdermal injections are required (0.2ml per injection), spaced 1cm apart.
- Cheeks – linear threading’ technique is used, and the solution is injected subdermally and intradermally ((0.2ml per injection).
- Lips – linear threading technique is used with a vermillion border injection (0.2ml per injection and 0.4ml per quadrant)
- Chin – linear threading technique is used (0.2ml per injection).
What is the result?
- Thicker dermis
- Healthier appearance
- Improved Tone
- Reduced scars and wrinkles
What is the recommended number of treatments?
You will see results right away, but you can have 2 to 3 procedures spaced two months apart for the best results.
Also, you’ll need to get the following number of treatments, too:
Scars – 6 treatments.
Anti-aging: 3 to 4 treatments for 3 to 4 weeks.
Hair loss: It all depends on the person who is having it. After the first treatments, you will need one to two treatments a year to keep your skin healthy.
What can I do before the treatment?
Drink a lot of fluids and ensure you don’t have any infectious diseases like cold or flu.
Also, the treatment is not for you if you have the following ailments:
- Chronic liver pathology
- Blood disorder
- Skin ailments
- Extreme metabolic disorder
Do not use oil supplements, steroids, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, or Motrin for three to seven weeks before the procedure.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Platelet Rich Plasma treatments aren’t very painful, and the recovery time isn’t long. However, there may be some bruising, tenderness, and redness after the treatment. This usually goes away on the second or third day, but it can last longer. Some patients may have some swelling, but this will go away in one to two days.
If you have a procedure like this, you might have some minor reactions afterward. Most of the time, these reactions are minor. Many people also go back to their normal activities after having surgery.
How much does it cost to have this done?
It costs between $400 and $1200; The treatments cost depends on the following:
- The targeted area
- The different treatments used together with PRP
- The facilities used
- The location
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) has become a popular facial rejuvenation treatment because it has few to no side effects and is simple to administer. If the body keeps getting its growth factors and using them to make new, healthy tissue, it is good for the long and short term.
You can see significant changes in a single day that will last a long time. Furthermore, the procedure is much less expensive than other invasive or surgical procedures. Aside from that, there is no follow-up care, and you can quickly return to work.
Platelet-rich plasma has many advantages and few drawbacks, making it an excellent choice for people who want to look younger.
Dr. Alhallak, the author of this post, holds a Ph.D. in Pharmacy, the Albany Cosmetic and Laser Center director.