Your guide to Hair loss and Hair Restoration in Edmonton
At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, we specialize in providing advanced hair restoration solutions to address hair loss in Edmonton. Our primary mission is to boost the confidence of our patients by helping them regain a full head of hair. More than just treatments, we offer personalized care and attention to each individual, guiding them towards achieving their hair goals.
Our team of seasoned professionals leverages cutting-edge technology and innovative techniques. As a result, we proudly provide a diverse range of treatments in Edmonton, such as PRP, meso scalp injections, Fotona laser, and Hydrafacial.
Patient satisfaction is at the core of our service. Every visit is designed to be a unique experience, ensuring our patients feel both welcomed and relaxed in a tranquil setting.
Expected Hair Restoration results
Some see results in a few weeks; others need more sessions before noticing any change. However, most people who have PRP injections will see a significant improvement after just a few weeks. In some cases, the hair may appear thicker and fuller than before treatment.
If you want PRP injections in the scalp, talk to us about what results you can expect. With a little time and patience, you should see a significant improvement in your hairline.
Real Client Reviews and Testimonials
I had an excellent experience with Albany Centre for lip fillers. Moreover, the team was so welcoming, and the results were just what I wanted. My lips look natural but bigger and with a heart in the middle!
I recently had Botox treatment at Albany Clinic for my frown. I'm really happy with the results. Moreofer, the staff was friendly and professional, making me feel at ease throughout the procedure. They use freezing cream and leave it long enough to work. So I highly recommed them!
I'm very happy with the results of the laser hair removal at Albany Centre. The procedure was quick and comfortable. I did not feel rushed, and provided me with many towels to change. So, I recommend them to anyone.
Witness the Difference That Our Cosmetic Treatment Made
Move the slider to see the difference after the treatment.
A video showing PRP injection in the scalp for hair loss edmonton
In this video, we demonstrate the process of PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) treatment, a cutting-edge technique to address hair thinning and loss:
- Blood Draw: The procedure begins by drawing a small sample of the patient’s own blood.
- Centrifugation: This blood sample is then processed in a centrifuge, which separates the blood components, allowing us to extract the platelet-rich plasma, known as PRP.
- Injection: Using precise techniques, our expert injects the PRP into specific areas of the scalp. This introduces growth factors that can support hair follicles and promote healthier hair growth.
At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, our commitment is to provide safe and effective treatments to our patients. Watch this video to see the meticulous care with which we conduct PRP scalp treatments and to understand its potential benefits.
Understanding Hair loss
Hair loss is a prevalent issue that affects both men and women across all age groups. This concern stems from various causes. Factors like genetics, hormonal fluctuations (such as those from birth control pills), stress, nutritional deficiencies, and certain medical conditions can all contribute to hair thinning. Depending on the cause and individual circumstances, hair thinning can be either temporary or permanent, varying from mild hair thinning to complete baldness.
At Albany Cosmetic and Laser Centre, we recognize the emotional impact of hair thinning. That’s why we’re dedicated to assisting Edmonton patients in finding the best solution tailored to their unique situation. Our experts are equipped to address hair thinning from multiple causes. Harnessing the latest technology and innovative treatments, we’re committed to helping you regain a fuller and healthier head of hair.
Alopecia vs. Hair Loss
Hair Loss refers to the thinning or shedding of hair from any part of the body where hair typically grows. This condition can arise due to various factors such as aging, hormonal changes, stress, diet, or underlying medical conditions. Depending on its cause and nature, hair loss might be temporary or permanent and could be localized to a specific area or more widespread.
Alopecia, on the other hand, is a medical term often used to describe specific types of hair loss disorders. Some of the prominent types of alopecia include:
- Alopecia Areata: An autoimmune disease in which the immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles, resulting in bald patches. These patches can appear on the scalp or other body parts.
- Androgenic Alopecia: Also known as male or female pattern baldness, this type is linked to genetic and hormonal factors. It’s characterized by a distinct pattern, with receding hairlines typically starting at the temples or the crown of the head.
- Alopecia Totalis: A more severe form of alopecia areata that leads to complete hair loss across the scalp
Hair Follicle Growth Cycle
Hair follicles undergo a continuous cycle consisting of three main stages:
- Active Growth Phase (Anagen): In this phase, hair grows actively from the follicles. A majority of the hairs on a healthy scalp are in the anagen phase, ensuring a dense and full appearance.
- Transitional Phase (Catagen): This is a short-lived phase where the hair stops growing and detaches itself from the blood supply. It’s a preparatory stage for shedding.
- Resting Phase (Telogen): During this period, the hair doesn’t grow but remains attached to the follicle. Eventually, the hair falls out, and new hair begins to grow in its place, restarting the cycle.
Certain conditions or factors can disrupt this natural cycle. For instance, a significant increase in hairs entering the telogen phase or a decrease in the anagen phase can result in more hair shedding and less hair growth, respectively. This imbalance can lead to hair thinning or even loss. In some cases, the hair follicles might become dormant and stop producing new hair altogether, leading to permanent hair loss.
How could Edmonton weather contribute to hair loss?
In Edmonton, the distinct weather patterns can pose challenges to hair health, potentially leading to hair thinning or loss. Our city’s notably dry climate, especially during the harsh winter months, can lead to scalp dryness. This weakens hair follicles, making them more susceptible to damage. Additionally, the biting cold can hinder blood circulation to the scalp, which can further compromise hair follicle health.
Moreover, during the summer, Edmonton’s long daylight hours expose residents to extended UV radiation, which, if left unprotected, can harm the hair structure. Furthermore, the frequent use of hats to combat the cold can cause hair breakage due to the friction they create. The indoor heating prevalent in homes and workplaces during the colder months reduces indoor humidity, exacerbating scalp and hair dryness.
For those living in Edmonton, proactive measures like moisturizing the scalp, protecting hair from UV rays, and maintaining a balanced, nutrient-rich diet are essential for preserving hair health.
Cost of Hair Loss Treatment In Edmonton
We have various treatments for hair, and the price doesn’t indicate how well they work because each case is different. PRP scalp injection is $400, Fotona Laser treatment $250, and multivitamin scalp injection is $350.
Hair Restoration Treatment FAQs
We typically advise a series of three to four sessions for optimal results, with each session spaced about four weeks apart. Some patients may feel a bit of discomfort during the injection, but a local anesthetic can easily alleviate this.
The benefits of PRP treatment for hair loss are significant. Not only does it stimulate hair growth and make the hair appear thicker, but it also helps in slowing down the hair thinning process. Many patients opt for PRP, especially after undergoing hair transplant surgery
- Nd:YAG laser therapy stimulates hair follicles and promotes hair growth. It uses a laser with a 1064 nm wavelength. The laser penetrates the scalp to achieve these effects.
- Er:YAG laser therapy uses a laser with a specific wavelength to improve scalp circulation and help hair grow.
- Scalp Detox: This treatment removes dead skin and boosts scalp circulation, enhancing scalp health and stimulating hair growth.
- Scalp Rejuvenation: This treatment improves scalp health and stimulates hair growth through exfoliation, hydration, and nourishment.
- Hydrafacial treatment specifically promotes hair growth and improves the overall health of the scalp.
Thus, there are several treatments and procedures available. Microneedling is a cost-effective treatment that can give long-lasting results when done periodically. PRP also helps hair to grow faster.
- Swelling: One of the most common side effects is swelling at the injection site. This is a normal reaction to the needle punctures and usually subsides within a few hours.
- Bruising: Some people might notice small bruises where the injections were done. These typically fade within a few days.
- Mild Pain or Discomfort: The injection sites might feel a bit sore immediately after the treatment.
- Redness: The treated area might appear redder than usual, but this generally goes away within a day.