Laser Hair Removal in Edmonton
Whether it is facial hair, upper lip, body hair, Brazilian or Bikini , we are at your service to provide permanent hair removal services. Many people are concerned about the cost of laser hair removal, however, the video below will explain why it makes sense financially to use laser technology to remove hair rather than shaving or using epilation products
How does Laser hair removal removal work?
The technician uses an intense light on the skin which is painless and designed to heat hair follicles without damaging the surrounding tissue. The unwanted hair doesn’t fall out immediately but will shed over a week or two. Hair grows at different rates and times and patients often return for several treatments under the to remove hair. After a few treatments, the area in question will be hair-free and remain that way for a long period of time or permanently.
We have different hair colour because of the different pigment in the hair follicles, therefore, different hair colours absorb laser differently. Black hair has special melanin that takes lots of laser light to create heat that destroys the hair. Therefore, we cannot use laser for grey and blond hair.
Do all lasers work for hair removal?
No, only lasers with a specific wavelength are useful in this specific treatment. Other wavelengths can be used for skin care, skin resurfacing, acne scars, rolling scars and smoothing the surface of the skin.
On what parts of my body can I get laser hair removal?
- Full face - If you have unwanted facial hair, it can be gently and permanently removed.
- Bikini line - No more waxing and shaving every summer to get into a swimsuit.
- Back - Men can get rid of back hair easily and permanently.
- Upper lip - Get rid of that shadow mustache with laser light.
- Chin - No more embarrassing hairs on your chin.
Before your procedure
- Avoid the sun for a few weeks prior to the procedure.
- Don’t self-tanner or use a tanning bed.
- Don’t use other hair removal treatments. Waxing, depilatories, plucking, and other methods can irritate the skin.
- Blood-thinning medications might be a concern. Tell the doctor about any blood-thinning medications you’re using, including aspirin.
- Shave the treatment area. Shaving the treatment area will keep all the existing hair below the skin. This prevents the hair that will burn during the procedure from damaging the skin.
After treatment care
- The targeted area will be hypersensitive after the procedure, so avoid steam rooms, swimming pool, hot showers, saunas, and exercise for approximately two days.
- Do not expose the treated parts to direct sunlight.
- Avoid using thick creams or perfumed products for two days.
- If you performed LHR on your legs, do not put on tight clothes for approximately 48hrs, as the clothing may aggravate newly treated skin.
Cost of laser hair removal
The cost varies and is contingent on the complexity and size of the treatment area. The price ranges between $50 and $350. We also offer cost-effective combo packages. so you can actualize your goal of being hair-free.
Why choose Albany Laser for your permanent hair removal?
We understand there are lots of options on the market. May spas, nail salons, and hairdressers have an IPL (intense pulsed light) or laser machine in the back room offering inexpensive laser treatment. Be mindful, most of these machines and locations are not approved by Health Canada. Our staff has over 25 years of cumulative medical laser experience, and our satisfaction rate speaks for us.
Your skin is important
Do not trust your skin and beauty to anyone as you deserve the best. We are proud of providing Edmontonians with the best laser machine qualities and an excellent medical laser team. We use the Elite+ Laser from Cynosure, the gold standard for Laser hair removal. Moreover, the machine also offers skin rejuvenation, dark spots, ingrown hair, laser surfacing and stimulate collagen.