Laser Hair Removal in Edmonton
Whether it is facial hair, upper lip, body hair, Brazilian or Bikini, we are committed to providing with best hair removal services.
Many people are concerned about the cost of laser hair removal in Edmonton; however, the video below will explain why it is more cost-effective to use laser technology to remove hair than to shave or use epilation products.
How does Laser hair removal in Edmonton work?
The technician applies a special laser to the skin to heat the hair follicles without damaging the surrounding tissue. The unwanted hair does not fall out immediately but gradually over a week or two. Hair grows at different rates and times, and patients frequently return for multiple treatments to remove hair. After a few treatments, the affected area will be hair-free and will remain so for an extended period of time, if not permanently.
Because different pigments in the hair follicles cause different hair colours, different hair colours absorb laser differently. Black hair contains special melanin that requires a large amount of laser light to create heat that destroys the hair. As a result, we cannot use a laser on grey or blond hair.
Do all lasers work for hair removal?
No, only lasers with a specific wavelength are effective in this treatment. Other wavelengths can be used for skin resurfacing, skincare, acne scars, rolling scars, and smoothing the skin's surface.
On what parts of my body can I get laser hair removal in Edmonton?
- Full face - If you have unwanted facial hair, it can be gently and permanently removed.
- Bikini line - No more waxing and shaving every summer to get into a swimsuit.
- Back - Men can get rid of back hair easily and permanently.
- Upper lip - Get rid of that shadow mustache with laser light.
- Chin - No more embarrassing hairs on your chin.
Before your procedure
- Avoid the sun for a few weeks before the procedure.
- Don’t self-tanner or use a tanning bed.
- Don’t use other hair removal treatments. Waxing, depilatories, plucking, and other methods can irritate the skin.
- Blood-thinning medications might be a concern. Tell the doctor about any blood-thinning medications you’re using, including aspirin.
- Shave the treatment area. Shaving the treatment area will keep all the existing hair below the skin. This prevents the hair that will burn during the procedure from damaging the skin.
After treatment care
- The targeted area will be hypersensitive after the procedure, so avoid steam rooms, swimming pool, hot showers, saunas, and exercise for approximately two days.
- Do not expose the treated parts to direct sunlight.
- Avoid using thick creams or perfumed products for two days.
- If you performed LHR on your legs, do not put on tight clothes for approximately 48hrs, as the clothing may aggravate newly treated skin.
Cost of laser hair removal in Edmonton
The cost varies and is contingent on the complexity and size of the treatment area. The price ranges between $50 and $350. We also offer cost-effective combo packages. so you can actualize your goal of being hair-free.
Why choose Albany Laser for your permanent hair removal?
We understand that there are numerous options available on the market. In the backroom of many spas, nail salons, and hairdressers is an IPL (intense pulsed light) or laser machine that provides low-cost laser treatment. Be aware that the majority of these machines and locations have not been approved by Health Canada. Our team has over 25 years of combined medical laser experience, and our customer satisfaction rate speaks for itself.
Your skin is important
Do not trust your skin and beauty to anyone as you deserve the best. We are proud of providing Edmontonians with the best laser machine qualities and an excellent medical laser team. We use the Elite+ Laser from Cynosure, the gold standard for laser hair removal in Edmonton. Moreover, the machine also offers skin rejuvenation, dark spots, ingrown hair, laser surfacing and stimulate collagen.