Overview of the Non-ablative Fractional Lasers
Fractional non-ablative laser therapy is a cutting-edge technology that’s making waves in the field of aesthetic medicine and dermatology. Unlike traditional ablative laser treatments that remove layers of the skin’s surface, fractional non-ablative lasers work beneath the surface without causing visible damage. This treatment is heralded for its ability to address various skin concerns with minimal downtime.
What Is Fractional Non-Ablative Laser Therapy?
Fractional non-ablative laser therapy, such as Fraxel laser, utilizes laser beams that penetrate the skin’s surface without damaging it. It treats only a fraction of the skin’s tissue at a time, leaving the surrounding areas untouched, which leads to quicker recovery.
How Does It Work?
- Microthermal Zones: The laser creates tiny, controlled microthermal zones (MTZs) that penetrate into the dermis. These zones coagulate tissue, stimulating a healing response without affecting the surrounding skin.
- Collagen Production: The body responds to these MTZs by increasing collagen production, leading to skin that is firmer, smoother, and more youthful.
- Selective Targeting: The technology allows for precise targeting of specific concerns like wrinkles, scars, and pigmentation.
- Minimal Downtime: Since the laser doesn’t damage the surface, recovery time is significantly reduced compared to ablative laser treatments.
Fractional non-ablative laser therapy is suitable for various skin concerns, including:
- Wrinkle Reduction: Smoothens fine lines and wrinkles.
- Scar Revision: Helps in the appearance of acne or surgical scars.
- Pigmentation Control: Addresses sunspots, age spots, and uneven skin tone.
- Stretch Marks: Reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
- Skin Tightening: Enhances skin’s elasticity and firmness.
- Non-Invasive: No removal of the skin’s surface.
- Shorter Recovery Time: Minimal disruption to daily activities.
- Tailored Treatments: Can be customized to individual skin needs.
- Safe and Effective: Suitable for various skin types when performed by a trained professional.
Side Effects and Considerations
- Temporary Redness and Swelling: These usually subside within a few days.
- Multiple Sessions Required: Optimal results typically require multiple treatment sessions.
- Professional Guidance Needed: It’s essential to seek treatment from a qualified healthcare provider.
Fractional non-ablative laser therapy represents a significant advancement in the field of skin rejuvenation. By utilizing a controlled and precise approach, it offers an effective solution for various skin issues without the extensive recovery time associated with more invasive procedures. Its growing popularity and success in delivering remarkable results mark it as an exciting option for those looking to enhance their skin’s appearance with minimal disruption to their daily lives. Whether seeking to smooth wrinkles, diminish scars, or tighten skin, fractional non-ablative laser therapy may provide the answer to a more radiant and youthful complexion.
What are the advantages of non-ablative fractional lasers
Since a non-ablative fractional laser combines Laser’s fractional and non-ablative properties, the downtime after the treatment is way shorter than using an Ablative and non-fractional Laser such as CO2. Additionally, both wavelength of the non-ablative fractional laser dual has a lower affinity to water than the 10600 nm C02 laser. This results in fewer side effects such as Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation PIH. The low melanin absorption of the non-ablative fractional Laser makes it safe to treat almost all skin colours, including skin type IV.
Real Client Reviews and Testimonials
I had an excellent experience with Albany Centre for lip fillers. Moreover, the team was so welcoming, and the results were just what I wanted. My lips look natural but bigger and with a heart in the middle!
I recently had Botox treatment at Albany Clinic for my frown. I'm really happy with the results. Moreofer, the staff was friendly and professional, making me feel at ease throughout the procedure. They use freezing cream and leave it long enough to work. So I highly recommed them!
I'm very happy with the results of the laser hair removal at Albany Centre. The procedure was quick and comfortable. I did not feel rushed, and provided me with many towels to change. So, I recommend them to anyone.
How do non-ablative fractional lasers work on the skin?
Non-ablative fractional Laser, such as Fraxel Laser, works by causing controlled thermal injury by delivering the laser energy in the form of microscopic columns. Laser beams penetrate as far as 1.5 mm. The water as chromophore converts the laser energy into heat. The fractional technology works by reserving vast skin areas undamaged. These areas function as reservoirs for regenerative cells that travel to the heated areas to promote healing and collagen production. The results will be tighter skin with a smoother texture and fewer wrinkles and pigmentation.