HAIR TRANSPLANT ALTERNATIVES IN EDMONTON
Drawbacks, complications, and alternatives for hair transplant:
According to a survey carried out by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, there were more 600,000 hair transplant surgeries performed in 2016 alone. More people, instead of digging deep to find healthier solutions, are opting for hair transplant methods. However, hair transplant have a big price tag and other drawbacks so many people are looking for alternatives to deal with hair loss issues.
Risk of infection
No matter how experienced surgeons are, errors can still occur such as nerve damage at the target site. There are also chances – although minimal – of suffering from excessive bleeding and infections.
Recurrent hair loss
Do you know you can lose the same hair you spent thousands to transplant? The possibility of this occurring is extremely low, however, it’s not impossible. Patients who use this method may experience hair loss in the newly transplanted hairs. In some cases, the transplanted hair may die and fall out with no signs of re-growing. In other cases, hair loss is a temporary one, as hair loss is just the shedding of hair. This means hair eventually grows back after a short duration.
Possible complications of hair transplant:
Infection-cuts that are not well wound up can become a source through which germs will enter the body
- Bleeding- one can lose a lot of blood if the hair transplant goes awry
- Bruises- during the recovery period, bruising may occur
- Swelling of the scalp- crusts may form on the areas of the scalp where hair was removed or implanted. There are chances that temporarily numbness in the treated areas may be felt.
- Folliculitis- a condition where the hair follicles become inflamed or infected
- Unnatural-looking Hair
Alternatives to hair transplant
There are more than enough alternatives to hair transplant. If you have suffered hair loss, the following are some other options you should consider:
- Plasma injection in the scalp- Read more about this treatment here
- Laser Therapy- Fotona laser hair restoration therapy is safe, painless, and FDA-approved. The laser increases blood flow to the affected area and in turn, helps the hair follicle grow faster and stronger
- Prescribed medication-Please contact your family doctor to discuss these options.
Why Albany Laser and Cosmetic Center?
We combine the above three approaches as an alternative to hair transplant. The boost of laser light enlivens the weakened follicles while stimulating the root at the cellular level. It also stimulates growth factors, reversing the thinning process. What’s more, it helps to restore and extend the hair growth natural cycles.