Microdermabrasion Care Instructions
Here are some of the most important HydraFacial care instruction that takes you through the before and after procedure preparations and recommendations
Pre HydraFacial Treatment
- Keep out of the sun for a week before your treatment and use SPF 30 every day to protect against UVB and UBA rays.
- If you want to get a facial, don’t use harsh scrubs for a week before.
- When getting treatment, don’t use Tretinoin-type products (like Renova or Tri-Luma) at least two or three days before.
- Stop taking Hydroquinone 2 or 3 days before treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, you may want to start taking Valtrex or something similar the day before your HydraFacial.
- Botox and fillers should not be injected up to two weeks before.
- Tell the center if you get a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or have any illness before your treatment.
Post HydraFacial Treatment
- You can go back to your normal skincare regimen two days after the treatment. It’s a good idea to test your skincare products on a small area of your skin first.
- Stop taking Retin A for two days after.
- Stay out of the sun and tanning beds for at least two days after treatment.
- If you want to keep your skin safe, use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more every day.
- Clients can put on makeup after the treatment, but best to avoid it