Chemical Peel Care Instructions
Here are some of the most important chemical peel care instruction that takes you through the before and after procedure preparations and recommendations
Before Chemical Peel
- Creams for depilation
Hair removal using a laser
- Exfoliating products of any kind
Any products containing salicylic acid, alpha-hydroxy acids, vitamin C, hydroquinone, retinoids, or prescription drugs that may be drying or irritating
- Shaving the affected area POST-Treatment Instructions
right away after CoolSculpting
Follow these instructions for 48 hours after the chemical peel procedure
- Keep your cool! Internal heating can induce hyperpigmentation.
- Do not immerse the treated area under a hot shower spray.
- Hot tubs, steam rooms, and saunas should not be used and Do not take a swim.
- Don’t engage in activities that will lead you to sweat excessively.
- Use no loofahs or other exfoliating tools.
A hairdryer should not be used in the treated area.
- Applying ice or ice water to the treated area is not recommended.
Next Two week after chemical peel
- For the next 2 or 3 days after a chemical peel, the skin may seem and feel like a slight windburn.
- After 48 hours, there may be some flaking for 3 to 5 days, which can be easily handled with moisturizers.
- Please avoid wearing any make on this treatment day because it is best to let the skin settle and rest overnight.
- Use the post-procedure treatment for 3 to 5 days or until flaking has gone away to reduce side effects and maximize benefits.
- Moisturizer is essential, increase the application frequency three times a day, although it can be applied more frequently for more moisture and to reduce flaking.
- Excessive heat and direct sun exposure should be avoided. Daily use of an SPF of at least 30 is required.
- Avoid using a tanning bed or long sun exposure for two to three weeks after chemical peel procedure.
- Picking or pulling on loosened skin is not a good idea. Hyperpigmentation may result as a result of this.
- After your peel, do not have any further face treatments for at least one week.
- Only until the peeling process is complete may you resume regular usage of retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acid, beta-hydroxy acid, vitamin C, or bleaching creams.